For start-up and small-scale food processors planning to grow, and farmers developing value-added products.
- Business Planning: Crafting a plan that works from start to finish.
- Marketing: Identify, research, and target a niche to maximize sales.
- Product Development: Scaling up recipes for commercial production and develop new products to meet customers needs.
- Quality Management: Streamlining operations to make a safe and consistent product.
- Packaging & Labels: Balancing attractive design with food protection and regulatory standards.
- Production Economics: Gauging the cost of production, operations, and co-packing.
- Financial Management: Understanding financial statements and make confident decisions.
- Sales & Logistics: Basics of procurement, receiving, storage, shipping, and timing.
- Resources & Support: Resources and networking opportunities in your region.
Includes: Comprehensive 8 module planning binders, a document library, including regulatory and operational templates supplied courtesy of the SSFPA, and Farm Food Drink business plan templates, and worksheets. Lunch, snacks, and beverages are provided.
DAVID BASU ROY: Business Strategist & Coach, Farm Food Drink
Dave has spent the last decade strengthening the local food system and exploring food sustainability. Now he channels those skills while working on business planning projects, where he helps clients develop strategies to navigate difficult markets, expand to reach a sustainable scale, develop new products and/or processes, and refine their production economics.
Funded in part by the Government of Canada under the Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership, a federal-provincial-territorial initiative.